Sunday, May 12, 2013

Monday Mantra: Be Whole

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Be whole

Every so often, I realize I pick myself apart, like I'm pieces of a person patched together rather than a whole and complete human; perfect, solid, with no fractures or cracks in my being. Sometimes, I find myself thinking I have a "good" side of my body, which I then compare to the "bad" side of my body, which is silly and stupid and wrong entirely. All of my sides are good because I am good, because we are all good.

Sometimes, I think I am too right brained to fit in a left brained world, while other times I feel like I've lost myself in logic when I long for illusion. Many times I, more than anything else, feel slightly unbalanced in what I perceive to be a balanced world. At those time I feel lost, left out, not quite adequate enough.

It is only in those moments when I accept the topsy-turvy world I've decided I'm living in that everything suddenly rights itself. That is when I let go of the thoughts of how things should be. Of how I should be compared to everyone else. It is only when I decide and accept that there is no "should"- there only "is." And when you finally accept the "is" everything becomes solid, whole, balanced.

In those moments I finally see all the pieces of me, and all of those pieces are perfect.

Facebook
Twitter

Image via Tumblr

No comments: