Friday, June 10, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: Dragging Me Down

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6


Dragging Me Down
(written to a tune)

You’re holding on so tight you’re dragging me down,
Pulling me under, making me drown.
You’re holding on so tight, you’re blinded, can’t see
The truth of our demise, my desire to be free.

Let go.
Let go.
I can’t carry on this show.
Let go-
Let me go.
If I loved you, you would know.
Let me go.

You’re holding me close and gripping me tight,
I can’t breathe; I’m fighting for my life.
You’re grasping for something that just isn’t there,
I’m trying not to suffocate, gasping for air.

Let go.
Let go.
We’ve gone too far down this road.
Let go-
Let me go.
If you loved me, you would know.
Let me go.

I’m starting to remember, starting to recall
What love should feel like when you fall.
I’m hoping and I’m praying, asking for a break,
I need to escape this before it’s too late.

Let go.
Let go.
There’s no room for love to grow.
Let go-
Let me go.
If love lived here, you would know.
Let me go.

I’ve shattered and broken, pieces of my heart.
I’ve sewed and I’ve mended all the little shards.
I’m trying – I’m trying – to find us both an out.
But I’m sorry – I’m sorry – there’s nothing here but doubts.

Let go.
Let go.
Before we both turn hollow.
Let go-
Let me go.
If I loved you, you would know

Let me go.
Let me go.
Break the bond that holds my soul.
Let go-
Let me go.
I am dying in your hold.

Let me go,
Let me go,
Let me go, 
Let me go. 

Let me go, 
Let me go.

Let me go.


No comments: