Friday, April 6, 2018

The Reflection of Shadows: Lacking

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6


Lacking

I want it so badly it burns on the inside,
I need it so madly it tears apart my life.
I feel it so close yet it's running away,
I can see it on streets blurring past me each day.

I imagine how wonderful it must feel to have it,
I picture my arms stretched out, reaching to grab it.
I'm seeing myself fall down stairs of deceit
And I'm watching the lovers all laughing at me.

I desperately, crazily try to create it,
I dream up escape routes to try and outrace it,
I ignore it, I fight it, I curse it and fail-
I never succeed in its path of betrayal.

I've set up traps while it gave me shackles,
Leaving me heartbroken, weary, and frazzled;
It tugs me along and then cuts up my rope
And no matter how hard I try...

Love makes me choke.


No comments: