Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Mantra: Live Like No One Else


mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Live like no one else
For the last 30 days I've been repeating this to myself. Over and over and over. I applied it to everything- lifestyle, health, finances- everything.

If I can live like no one else, later I can live like no one else. 

I'm not going to say my whole life changed overnight, especially since I did some serious shopping this weekend in Sedona (I blame the vortex's pull!), but it did work the magic it was supposed to for the most part.

Every time I did something I would think about it first. What about the future? What about the long term goals I have? Does this hurt or help? Nine times out of ten, when it didn't help, I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't feel like I had missed out on anything because I knew I had something better planned in the future. I knew I had something I wanted later in life and to get it, I had to be aware of the present choices I was making. In fact, repeating this mantra helped me to be so aware of my choices that I ended up setting new life goals, I refinanced my house, I called a University about getting a new degree, and I did about 27 other important tasks that I had been putting off.

Awareness. It's so helpful. If I can live like no one else, later I can live like no one else. 

It's easy to get caught up in the now - the Right Now - while forgetting about the future. Long term goals, especially in this day and age of instant gratification for practically everything, can easily be lost. Having repeated this to myself daily, it reminded me that I was in control of the outcome of my future, even by the smallest of small choices, and that those choices would either be improved or sabotaged based on the decisions I was making now.

What do you want out of life? Next year? Five years from now? When you're 67 years old with 5 grandkids running around? I know what I want and I'm slowly but steadily working towards it, one day and one reminder at a time. I just have to remember that if I want it later, I have to change my ways now. It's all for the better in the long run.


What motto do you use to get you from where you are to where you want to be?
Twitter

Related Post
Improve the Silence

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: