Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Mantra: What a Wonderful World


mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: It's a wonderful world


Allillanchu and Yus Pagarasunki (Hello and Thank You in the Quechuan language),

Ever have one of those days where upside down feels right side up and you're pretty sure the world is spinning faster than it should? Welcome to my day today. My friend, Janice, and I just got back from a trip to Peru and I'm getting reacquainted with civilization and all things modern, like Excel spreadsheets at work and driving a car again and having those Adult Things called responsibilities.

I'm also a little bit whacked out from the elevation pills you have to take to climb Machu Picchu, so I'm not even sure if any of this is going to make sense. I'm pretty sure I'm still sleeping right now actually, because I feel a bit delirious. In the words of David after the Dentist, is this real life? I haven't gotten to the weird screaming. Yet. I hope to avoid it. (And this is why I don't do drugs, my friends. Prescribed or otherwise. It's freaking weird up in my head right now)

While I can't wait to tell you all about the trip and the wonderful people of Peru, I have to catch up on being a grownup in "the real world". Also, I should probably do my laundry ASAP because it smells like a heard of alpaca's followed me home. So here it is:

Peru is freaking awesome.

I can't really say it any other way. The people are incredibly kind, it's beautiful, and you come back appreciating all the wonderful things you have in life because of the hardships they face. Which is something I think a lot of us need every now and then.

I came home realizing how grateful I am. For people like you. And for this wonderful life I've been given, deliriousness and all. For a house with actual walls and a ceiling, where I can control the temperature and I don't have to rebuild it every 3 months due to it sinking in a lake or because of frequent earthquakes. For hot water guaranteed at all times of the day. For more than one set of clothes to wear for an entire year. For every little thing I may have forgotten to be thankful for recently.

I will post more later on the amazingness of that place, but for now I just want to take a moment to be grateful for everything I have been given.

What a wonderful life. What a wonderful world.

Thank you for being a part of it.

Follow Me on Pinterest



No comments: