Monday, November 13, 2017

In The World of Wellness: The Demonization of Gluten (Podcast)

In the World of Wellness: Interesting...
WWJD???
(Unknown original source of this cartoon)
If you're a longtime reader of mine, you know gluten is my arch nemesis in life. While I do not have celiac disease, I do have a fairly significant intolerance to gluten. When I eat it, alarms go off in my body. My hands almost immediately ache, as if I have severe arthritis. My stomach churns, and what feels like tiny little bombs explode in my belly. My hair falls out, too.

It sucks.

The Demonization of Gluten by the folks at Freakonomics is interesting. While it offers some very insightful historical data on the background of gluten and celiac research, it also talks about the cons of people going on gluten free diets when they shouldn't, as well as how people can be misdiagnosed.

I won't ruin it for you, but it's worth a listen.

Take care, friends.

No comments: