Monday, November 20, 2017

It's the Most Wonderful (Shopping) Time of the Year

2017 Holiday Gift Guide

Society6
Low Star Studio
It's that time of year for, you know, eating and shopping and family and shopping and decorating and, hey, more shopping! In my house, I'm CEO of all things gift related for everyone, which means I've got a lot of experience figuring out what to get all kinds of people with all kinds of various present preferences. Here are some of my favorites in hopes of helping you with your holiday shopping list


For the Organic Product Person


Know someone who's all about great body products? I'm talking shampoo, lotion, oils, etc? Here's a site you need to check out: Maple Holistics. My recommendation is the tea tree shampoo and conditioner. As an essential oil, tea tree is know for it's cleansing and soothing-to-the-scalp properties. Add that in with the other oils found in this product and you have yourself a masterpiece of hair art.

Maple Holistics
You know how you always hear about product build up in your hair? This will solve that problem. After each use, my hair was literally squeaky clean- I kid you not. I'd run my hands through my hair and a squeak would emit. One thing I will note is that if you have finer, longer hair like me, you're going to want to double up on the conditioner for the ends. It can get a little tangly, but with the right amount of conditioner following the shampoo, you're good to go. Also, the shine, you guys. The shine! I noticed a serious amount of gloss and gleam after using this product.

They have subscription boxes (which are all the rage, as I'm sure you know- see below), beard oil, cosmetics- you name it, they've got it. The nice folks at Maple Holistics are giving away free samples, so make sure you grab that up as well!

For the Foodie Who Loves An Adventure


Look no further, friends. Try the World is an all in one food/traveling adventure in a box. It's a super fun, super cute, and super affordable gift for anyone in your clan who loves experiencing the world through new and amazing foods. My sister-in-law gifted me with this last year and I loved it! My box was all about India: food, tea, even henna art. It's a gift that shows you get who this person is and what they're interested in.
Try The World

For the Person Who Has Everything / Is Super Hard to Shop For


Uncommon Goods
Two words: Uncommon Goods. This has long been a favorite of mine for it's vast and ever changing collection of super unusual gifts. I'm not even sure where to start, gang. There are just so many options!

This pistachio pedestal; I've gifted it three times, it's that cool. Or these ocean reel salt and pepper mills. Or this beer cap map for the beer enthusiast in your group.

Oh man, you guys. I just found 10 more things I want to buy...for myself.



For the Person Who Can Take a Joke (Also great as a While Elephant gift)


These candles are, hands down, one of my most favorite things in the world. Need something for your bother from another mother? Your sarcastic office BFF? Your second cousins first wives neighbors brother who just won't take a hint? I give you: Flick Candles aka Classy Candles for the Classless.

Scents include: Fantasy Football Failure, The Friend Zone, and Love Me Tinder, to name a few.
Flick Candles


For the Book Loving, Quiet Seeking, Introvert Friend


Tea is a vital part of my life, and is hugely popular in my house. I could spend hours talking to you about all the goodness that is tea, but since it's the holiday season and no one has time for that, let's get down to business.

Between Harney and Sons and Kusmi, you have endless tea options- all of which are amazing. I swear by both companies and have been a long time customer of both. If I had to narrow it down to my go-to "everyone loves these" flavors, I'd say:

Kusmi
Harney and Sons: Hot Cinnamon Spice. There is something so warming, so cozy, so life giving in this tea that when you sit down to a cup of it, it really does make everything in that moment peaceful and calm and good. There are a lot of teas that try to live up to this same flavor combination but this one, this tea, is THE TEA.

Kusmi: Strawberry Green Tea. Thinking about this tea makes my mouth water, and not just because it's excellent. It will literally make your senses jump to life when you open the container thanks to the sweet smell of strawberries. Plus, the tin it comes in is super cute. I repurpose them as vases and mini-gardens. Win-win!



Note: The Kusmi site was under construction when I posted this, but if you Google "Kusmi Strawberry Green Tea" you'll find it!

No comments: