Friday, November 17, 2017

The Reflection of Shadows: Through Fire and Ice

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Through Fire and Ice

I'll get the matches and you get the guns,
We'll both fight our way through the land that we love.

We'll stand for the young and we'll stand for the old,
We'll stand for the people who are freezing in the cold.

We'll part down the middle; going left, going right-
They won't see us coming through the fire and ice.


I'll warn the children to stay safe, to go home.
You get the men who've been worked to the bone.

I'll fight for vengeance, you fight for love.
We'll meet in the middle with an understood trust.

We'll rest in the morning, take watch through the night-
They won't see us coming through the fire and ice.


You keep your wits about you, I'll keep my might.
You risk you safety and I'll risk my life.

We'll stand with the fallen; we'll do what should be done.
We'll burn and we'll melt, then we'll vanish in the sun.

And when the smoke is clearing in the dawning of the light,
They won't have seen us coming through the fire and ice.


No comments: