Monday, August 13, 2018

In the World of Wellness: Face and Body Product Awesomeness

There's nothing I love more than a good, high quality, works-like-a-dream skin care product. Thus, I would like to present to you these OMG-worthy products.


Dr. Alkaitis
Dr. Alkaitis


If you're a longtime reader, you know I'm a huge and dedicated fan of anything and everything Hylunia. I'll branch out now and then, as you can see, but my heart lies firmly with them. However, Dr. Alkaitis products are quickly winning me over, earning a regular spot in my skincare routines. So far, I've only tried the Organic Nourishing Treatment Oil and the Organic Herbal Toner, but if these are any indication of the rest of the line, Hylunia has some serious competition.

A few times a week, as part of my nightly routine, I'll use the toner followed by the oil. It's perfect for bedtime because your skin absorbs it while you sleep. I kid you not, after every use I wake up looking dewy fresh. Proof: after using the product just one time, my friend literally commented on how dewy and radiant my skin looked the next day. It's that impressive, folks.


Kate Somerville
ExfoliKate

Kate Somerville's award winning ExfoliKate is a true gem. Developed for all skin types, it gives you a clean scrubbed, brand new kinda feeling after each refreshingly tingly use.

Made with magical ingredients like pumpkin enzymes (brightens skins and boosts collagen production), lavender (the all powerful essential oil for literally everything you can think of), and the always important Vitamin E (to name just a few of the ingredients), you have a true skin care recipe for success.







Seraphine Botanicals Carrot + Rose Hydrating Cream
Seraphine Botanicals


If someone had told me that combining carrots and roses would result in one of the best smelling lotions I've ever experienced, I would've straight up laughed in their face...and I would've been wrong.

The Carrot + Rose Hydrating Cream is legit one of the best things I've ever smelled. Now, smelling good is one thing, but it has to work, right? Well, it's also one of the best lotions I've tried in recent years. It's a perfect balance of moisture for your skin. (Trust me on this, I live in a desert. Lotion is a vital ingredient to surviving desert living.) I seriously hope they make this product for the rest of eternity.




Pacha Soap Co. Salt Blocks

On a recent go-ahead-and-take-all-my-money shopping trip at Whole Foods, I stumbled on Pacha Soap Salt Blocks. Of their available options, the detox block is my favorite. First of all, it smells great. I know you're probably thinking, "What is up with her and smells?" PSA: Life is short, people. Don't waste your time on things that don't smell good.

Anyway...the salt block really packs a perfect punch for a nice long soak in the bath. It's the perfect amount of salt plus charcoal powder and you don't end up feeling dried out in the slightest. It does leave a black residue behind in the tub as charcoal, in general, is quite messy. However, I was extra pleased when I realized how easy it was to wipe off the residue. Sometimes charcoal can be a real pain when you're working with it, but it's clear they've formulated their blocks to ensure it cleans up nicely.



No comments: