Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Mantra: Whatever Will Be


mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Whatever will be, will be

Lately, this has been my new go to saying: Whatever will be, will be.

I use it for everything. Trying out that new ombre hair color craze (wow, I hope I don't look like a freak), a new recipe (I hope it's supposed to taste this way), an outfit (that doesn't match at all), my relationships (should I have said/done that?)- everything. It helps to remind me that sometimes - when things are scary, out of my control, or I've just over thought them - that it doesn't really matter. My life is going to turn out exactly the way it should, regardless of any stress or anxiety I put into a situation. 

So is yours. 

We crazy human beings like to think we can control every situation of our lives. We think we can make people like us more or less if we become someone more or less like them - wrong. We think we can control the outcome of a situation by altering the events leading up to it- wrong. We think, and think, and think ourselves into insanity over things we have no say in. No control over. 

With that in mind, I'm not saying you can just sit back all day long, not strive for anything or push yourself, and just give up trying altogether. On the contrary, this means after you've done all of that, given it your all, tried your very best, then it's time to relax and let life happen. 

At the end of the day, the only real thing we can account for is how we did in this aspect: Was I kind, good, compassionate? To myself and others? 

Or not?

That's it. That's all. As for everything else...

Whatever will be, will be.

Related Posts

Follow Me on Pinterest

Image via elementaryartfun

No comments: