Sunday, July 24, 2011

Remorse

New song. Now to make the tune come to life on the piano...


Remorse

Where did you go?
Where have you been?
Oh, what have I missed?
I left you scared
I left you alone
I went running from my home

Now I’m broken
Inside
I’m done
I tried
Oh, I learned
Oh, I loved
But it wasn’t enough...
And I’m done

You’ve grown so much
You’ve grown so strong
I don’t recognize you at all
I left this town
I left this life
I took off, I took my time

Now I’m done
I’m here
I wonder
If you care
I won’t speak
I cannot ask
For you to forgive my past
So I’m numb

This is our story
This is our dream
Maybe a nightmare haunting my sleep
It’s too, too late
I can’t go back
I’m missing what we never had

So I’m numb
I’m bound
To questions
To doubts
I can’t cry
Not one more tear
For all I want, is all I fear

So I’m done
I am numb
I am broken
There’s no love
I can’t stop
I can’t go
You’ve grown distant
You’ve grown cold
I am alone


Related Post
Have a Little Faith

4 comments:

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

Oh man! I didn't know you did music like this. Do you have any recordings of things you've done before? Perhaps a video? I'm super interested. I used to try to compose music, but I kind of stink at it.

Chantelle Says said...

I used to, used to, be able to write the songs on the piano and the put words to it. Now I'm backwards because I haven't played in years, so mostly the songs are all just written in my head with a certain tune that accompanies them. That's awesome that you've tried! It's a lot of work, that's for sure. I do, however, happen to know someone who does music engineering all the time, for fun, so if you're interested I can get you the info. :)

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

I'm more interested in seeing/hearing what you've done. Keep working at it!

Chantelle Says said...

10-4 ;)