Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Mantra: Dark Moments

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: I have dark moments to remember
Pinterest
Far too often, usually when everything is going well, I’ll hit some small, very minor bump in the road and panic. I’ll over think and over analyze every little detail. It won’t matter if it was a bad moment, a bad day, or a bad week. In my mind, for that time frame, it was the most horrible thing to have ever happened to me in life. 

Thinking like that is the problem. 

When I find myself in a downward spiral like that, I think back to my actual bad days. My darkest hours of all the hours I’ve spent on this earth. I think of the sadness, the pain, the heavy hearted air to everything. 

While that may sound depressing, it is actually very uplifting. Remembering those truly dark moments keeps me honest with myself, accountable, aware. It helps to keep things in perspective. It helps me stay true to the minor moments that don’t actually matter. 

I am thankful for the darkness because it makes me appreciate the light, the dawn, the dusk of everything.

No comments: