Friday, May 12, 2017

The Reflection of Shadows: The Ticket

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
The Ticket

With this ticket,
I thought I'd find my way.
My life would be a piece of cake,
I'd know just what to say.
I'd never have to worry,
It all would turn out fine.
I'd know exactly what to do-
My choices would be mine.

I'd make others happy.
Their wishes could come true.
I'd make sure they never felt
The fear that I've lived through.
If only I were psychic,
This guessing game's too hard.
All I really want from life
Is just to leave my mark.

So...

I try and try, again, again
But never do I win it.
Too bad I thought I'd find my peace
With a lottery ticket.
_

A little #FBF to seventeen year old me, who was terrified to venture out into the world on her own. Reading my old poems helps me to remember this very important fact:
No matter what life throws at you, you will always find your way.


No comments: