Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Mantra: Self-mastery

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Self-mastery: The power to control one's actions, impulses, or emotions
Society6Svetlana Kornelluk

I want to see beauty in the muddiest time of my life. I want to know that one day, from that same muddy soil, a beautiful flower will grow.

I want to sit with myself and know my truth, no matter how scary, strange, or wonderful it may be. To know myself is to understand my heart, and to understand my heart is to be at peace with my soul.

I want to stand at the edge of a lake looking out at the possibilities of my future. Instead of a feeling of fear arising at what might lurk in those still, quiet waters, I want peace of mind knowing that a boat is safely docked, ready and waiting to carry me out to the shores of my destiny.

I want to remember the freedom of childhood. To run through a meadow, scattering dandelions in the air. To find adventure in an ordinary day. To speak my truth because I know no shame of my own thoughts, and to live in the world without knowing its weight.

For my purpose is not to seek out the greenest grass, but to simply enjoy its softness.


No comments: