Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Self Mastery

For a final in one of my classes I had to sum up what I had learned about myself and what I wanted out of life. This is what I came up with. As you read through it, think of what you would say. What have you learned and what do you want to remind yourself of, what do you want to focus on going forward?


I want to see the beauty in the muddiest times of my life and to know that one day, from that same muddy soil, a beautiful flower will grow.

I want to sit with myself and know my truth no matter how scary, strange, or wonderful it may be. To know myself is to understand my heart, and to understand my heart is to be at peace with my soul.

I want to stand at the edge of a lake looking out at the possibilities of my future. Instead of a feeling of fear arising at what might lurk in those still, quiet waters, I want peace of mind knowing that a boat is safely docked, ready and waiting, to carry me out to the shore of my destiny.

I want to remember the freedom of childhood. To run through a meadow scattering dandelions in the air, to
find adventure in an ordinary day, to speak my truth because I know no shame of my own thoughts, and to live in the world without knowing its weight, for my purpose is not to seek out the greenest grass, but simply to play in it’s softness.


Now go write yours.


Related Posts
Have a Little Faith
No Regrets

No comments: