Sunday, September 4, 2011

Repeat After Me

I made this list a long time ago as a reminder of what's important to me, what I need to do to get where I want, and to be the best me I can. If you've never made one, give it a try. Make it yours. List all the things you need to do just for you. Then keep reading it until you achieve them.

I will wear more colors. Black does go with everything, but I don't need to channel Johnny Cash all the time.

I will quit being wishy-washy and indecisive. I will make a decision, stick with it, and realize that I really don’t have any control over what is meant to happen in life anyway.

I will honor myself and trust my intuition.

I will speak the truth as I see it and not worry about what others will think of me.

I will learn to relax and play more.

I will get more sleep! The movie/dishes/dog/laundry/email can wait. I will realize I have time and that there is a never ending supply of tomorrows.

I will realize that my list of to-do’s is simply a list. Not a report card on how well I did that day.

I will set aside time for myself. I will have “me dates” to eat, nap, read a book, drive in my car singing to myself or do whatever it is I want to do just for me and by myself.

I will make it a priority to write. To work towards my goals and my dreams. To not be afraid of what may or may not happen and to just try.

I will keep promises, large and small, that I have made to myself: To travel the world and live in its corners so I can better understand the people, their culture, their language and lifestyles. To one day eat chocolate covered grasshoppers just because I’m curious. To go to school and study anything and everything. To try new things at restaurants and not always order the same thing just because I know I will like it. To have more fun in life.

I will remember that I am never too old to do any of the things I want to do in life.

I will work towards crossing off everything on my bucket list.

I will stop beating myself up for not being whatever it is I think I’m supposed to be at that particular moment.

I will re-read this often as a reminder of the commitment I have made to myself and the things I need to work on to get there.


What do you want to work on? Make a list. Make it yours!


Related Posts
Breaking Free From the Broken Record
Have a Little Faith
No Regrets


No comments: