Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mmmusic

Y'all are probably three steps ahead of me, but I recently found out there's this thing called Free Music Tuesdays on iTunes.

That's right. Free music.

And at least one song is always good. I've discovered all kinds of artists I might not have ever found. You may also be ahead of me here on some of them. For instance, a few years back I thought I had "discovered" these two amazing singers, Chris Cornell and Thom Yorke. Yeah, well, not so much. Don't worry, I was laughed at then so feel free to laugh now. I can't help it if I don't know peoples names when they're in a band. I know, I'm a horrible fan. For shame.

But really...I only know that Florence is Florence because the band is named after her partially. On that topic, Florence + the Machine just released their new CD and it is a-MAZE-ing. I'm thoroughly enjoying Seven Devils, Bedroom Hymns, No Light, No Light, and What the Water Gave Me (below). She seems to have a thing for water and drowning, but whatever. The songs are good.

I have some new favorites from this wonderful Tuesday thing they've got going on. Check these out. Most of the videos are boring, but the music is great, which is what this is all about anyway.

Daughter - Landfill

Robert Earl Keen - I Gotta Go

Bat for Lashes - Daniel

Radical Face - Ghost Towns

Kascade - Lessons in Love

Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown - Shackles

Florence + the Machine

No comments: