Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Mantra: Moving Forward


mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: I said a change (a change) would do you good (a change, would do you good)...
One of the things I like least in life, yet that which is always guaranteed, is change. I'm not a big fan of New when I'm still really enjoying Now, yet everywhere I go New seems to tackle me and force me into it's little web of evilness. OK, and sometimes awesomeness, but I'm going to ignore that right now because right now the New feels scary and scary = evil.

My New is that I'm moving in with The Boyfriend. This is great because we love each other very much and this will solve our whole living in two different cities thing, but this is not great because I am also in love with my house. My house and I have been together for a while, so technically I'm actually cheating on my house with my boyfriend. And now that I'll be renting it out, well, that just makes me it's pimp and that was a job title I never planned on having. But it's not actually that piece of it that I'm stressing about. It's the starting over piece. And every time I move, for me, it means starting over times a kajilllion.

Due to the fact that I have OCD and because I also probably should've been an interior designer, when it comes to my house I am consistently in the phase of Making it Perfect. And when it comes to decorating, my details have details. I don't just pick curtains, I analyze their fabric content, their light and heat reducing qualities, and how many shades of color I can make work with them at any given moment in my room of choice. It always seems like right when I get to a "done" point, I move to a new house only moments later forcing me to start allllllllll over again. And I really, really, really, really, really hate All Over. Just thinking about it right now makes me want to take a nap.

For the last month or so I've been drowning my poor boyfriend in questions on color schemes, sofa placement, which dresser stays and which dresser goes, and how elegant I can make the closet (I'm a big fan of chandeliers in closets. Trust me on this: Chandeliers in closets = awesomeness). While he's been very, very patient and has given  me free reign of everything, I'm still really just...bummed. I'm really going to miss my home sweet home.

I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about this lately. I've realized that in moving forward, sometimes it can feel like you're taking a step back- especially when I look at all of the hard work I've put into my house. But I also know that moving forward leads to better things down the line. What I need to focus on right now is letting go of my soon to be past. Like Eckhart Tole said, the moment you think of the past, you've brought it into the present, therefore there is no such thing as the past. The same goes for the future. There is only now. This moment.

Well, this moment is still freaking me out me a little bit, which is why I'm sharing it with you. Sharing is caring, right? I hope you feel the love.

Have you ever moved for someone you loved? Did you learn to love your new home, city, life?

Facebook
Twitter

Image via Society6

No comments: