Every month I'll do a post on a health and wellness related topic. This will give you a chance to explore other options, become informed, and make the best overall decision for your own well-being.
In the World of Wellness: Give the gift of health
Why not take your loved one on an adventure? Big or small, it's the memories that last a lifetime.
- Nature lover with gluten allergies? The Rose Canyon Campground in Tucson, AZ hosts not only a nice site for hiking, sitting by a roaring fire, and relaxing, but also for amazing gluten free pies. That's right, pie. At the top of the mountain is a restaurant that has house-made gluten free pies, and they are delicious!
- Yogi in the house? How about taking them to a local yoga event. A quick Google search in your area will list all kinds of fun things happening. If you have a yogi who loves traveling, even better! There are yoga events worldwide, sure to please.
- For anyone who loves to travel at all: A long dreamed of vacation
- I think one of the coolest gifts you can give is a picnic in your living room. Lay down a blanket, call up your closest friends, and have a holiday picnic get together.
- Cooking lessons for the one who loves to cook. If you're an AZ local I must recommend Chef Rachel, The Healthy Cooking Coach. She's the healthiest, nicest check around who gives tasty lessons!
And for the food lover in your group...
- Find a local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). I like Nature's Garden Delivered for AZ, because they deliver right to your door.
- The best coconut water on the planet: C20. Get them a whole crate, they'll be thrilled!
- Mantry: The coolest way to get food for your guy. Each month is a surprise, so you won't even know what you're getting him, but the foods never fail.
- Teavana, a tea lovers dream. Harney & Sons Fine Teas also make some amazing black cinnamon tea.
- Know someone who loves cooking with olive oil? If you live in AZ, try the Queen Creek Olive Mill for a huge variety of olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Not from the hot, sunny desert? No problem. Hit up your local health food store for excellent options on all kinds of oils: Avocado, macadamia nut, almond, coconut, walnut, pumpkin seed...the options are endless!
- Make a basket of all their favorite foods and tie it with a bow. You can have it be a variety of yummies or make it themed, like Italian Night or Gluten Free Goodies.
For those of you who need something a little easier and more cost effective, these will fit the bill of any health nut you know.
- A gift card from Whole Foods, Sprouts, (insert your local healthy holiday store name here)
- Subscription to favorite magazine (Delight Gluten Free, Natural Health, etc.)
- A gift card for a massage, facial, reflexology session...whatever floats their boat
- On that note, True Rest Float Spa is a pretty cool gift/experience all in one
- Yoga passes to their favorite local studio
- A homemade book of your favorite healthy recipes that you think they'd love
- Mini herb garden
- WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Cookwear (I LOVE my pots and pans)
- Have a friend who loves detoxing? RawJuvenate is the one for you.
- Know someone that loves their supplements? Here's some that take the cake in quality, health benefits, and awesomeness: Amazon Herbs. I'm a big fan of each and every one of them in this line.
- The most amazing lotion I've ever tried: Yes to Carrots Body Butter
- Burt's Bees anything. You can't go wrong
Regardless of the gift, it's important to remember that anything that comes from the heart is something to be treasured. So don't stress yourselves out this holiday season. Relax, kick back, and enjoy!
Image via VeganSoapBox