Monday, March 9, 2015

In Memory: Chef Rachel Albert

Photo Courtesy: KC Miller
I just found out that one of my most influential teachers passed away. Chef Rachel taught me so many things about taking care of my body, my health, and ultimately, my life. She taught about about whole food eating, whole food cooking, and whole food health. Some of my most favorite recipes, that you've seen on my blog, come from her.

When I first met her I hadn't yet found out about my allergy to gluten, so her gluten free approach saved me before I even knew I needed it. I would go to her cooking classes each night where we would whip up some amazing meals, which we then got to devour. Those were some of the best nights of my life, not only because I was learning so much but because her food made me feel good. I would go into class with a stomach ache and leave with a belly full of amazing food that made me feel well - stomach ache no more!

It's never the news you want to hear - that someone you care about has passed on. I know she's in a better place, probably already cooking up some kick-ass meals.

I truly love and highly recommend her cookbooks and don't know how much longer they'll be available. Hopefully, forever, but now they feel even that much more important to me, knowing there won't be any others coming out. I'll just have to treasure the creations she put together that much more. Please take a moment to pay tribute to her dedication to whole food living by checking out her website The Healthy Cooking Coach, and trying out some of her amazing recipes. For reference (and if you're interested in getting her fabulous books) you can find The Garden of Eating and The Ice Dream Cookbook here.

You will be missed, Rachel.

Missed, but remembered. Always.

No comments: