Friday, January 15, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: The Weight

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6
The Weight

Small and metal, round and heavy
Weighing down my hopes and dreams,
Causing pain with every gesture,
Swelling at the joints and seams.

I want to hide it, burn it, melt it-
Keep it out of public sight.
This bright and shiny glistening object
Given out of pure delight.

Much like handcuffs, locked and tightened
It keeps me tied to this one place,
With the thoughts that keep invading
I fall further in disgrace.

Wanting freedom with my comfort,
Trying to bend it in its place,
Nothing’s meant to be this tangled,
Nothing's meant to have to change.


(Note: This is an old, old poem. It's nice to look back and see how different life has become. How everything is the complete opposite of before.)



No comments: