Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday Mantra (National Poetry Month Special Edition): Losing the Grip

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Planimist - Someone who always has a plan for both the bad and the good
Society6
KatePowellArt
The other day I came across an article online that talked about millionaires and the one thing they all have in common: avoiding pessimists. I have done no research in the area, but it seemed a little odd to me. Maybe, though, that's because I'm a pessimist. Or, more accurately, someone who thinks through all scenarios, including (and especially) the bad ones, and has a plan. Maybe I'm a planimist. Yeah, that's it. A planimist.


Losing the Grip

All at once my mind is slipping-
Winding,
Turning,
Always gripping
At my thoughts, my analyzations,
Never ending,
Dead sensations.
Without feeling,
Always moving,
I can’t stop what it keeps doing.
Stuck in sorrow, dread and doubt
I walk the tight rope to find out-
Where I’m headed,
 What I’m led to,
Where my next footsteps will tread to,
Always wanting ever after
I turn towards a new disaster.



No comments: