Wednesday, June 6, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Abyss of the Disheartened: IV
Heather Landis Society6
"Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be."
- Rumi

Remember how I went and had my fortune told by Madame Carolyn a few months ago? Well, so far she has been dead on. A part of me slightly wishes I had asked about the winning Powerball numbers, but based on everything she did say, I'm winning a whole different kind of lottery. One that's more important than monetary wealth.

My life has been slightly crazy and extremely wonderful these last several weeks. Which is why I am behind on all things blogging and laundry related, yet am ahead in all things wonderful and happy in life. Such as having a super, awesome, wonderful new boyfriend. 

I don't know how it happened, except that it did. And by that I mean, at a moment when I least expected anything, that's when everything was given to me.

I don't want to brag or anything, but he's one of those good ones that seem rare and almost non-existent. One of the ones all of your single friends (and some married ones) would like a clone of. In the words of one of my friends, "I'm so happy for you, but I also hate you so much right now. " It's true. I would hate me, too. I'm actually debating whether or not he's from this planet at all. All signs of awesomeness thus far point to no. 

In all seriousness, I honestly don't know how I lucked out, but I did. I've never met someone I could so easily be myself with from day one. Where I don't try to be anyone except exactly who I am, even in the more embarrassing moments of my life. For example, our second date, when I had a zit so horrible it looked like I might have had leprosy, but he didn't bat an eye or report me to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

Or when I told this very straight laced, ink free guy that I had multiple tattoo's with more coming, and he didn't look at me like I was in a gang.

Or when he didn't disown me after a friend of mine spilled a drink on him accidentally and I laughed so hard I couldn't move or even get the poor guy some napkins. In my defense, I couldn't function at all because of how hard I was laughing. Which actually isn't a good defense, now that I put that down in black and white, so never mind that last line.

The fact is there are so, so many amazing and equally hilarious things that I don't even know where to start because there would be no end. I would be here all year.

So what does all of this have to do with lemons exactly? I can't...quite...remember. I'm absent-minded. Leave me alone! 

I'm kidding, I love you guys. Plus, it just came back to me. Whew!

When life gives you lemons...Wait. 

Wait for someone to come along who is so kind and so genuinely interested in you that they notice everything. Every little detail about you. Like how you order lemons in your water at restaurants, which then leads them to purchase lemons for their house, so that every time you have a glass of water, you can have a slice of lemon in it.

Wait for someone who leaves your favorite radio station on in their car so that you always have your preferred music to listen to for every single car ride.

Wait for someone who offers to drive out of their way, in a hurricane-like monsoon storm, to pick up a gift for your mom for Mother's Day.

Last but certainly not least, wait for someone who cares about your well being so much, that when you tell them how gluten is your enemy, they do a massive amount of research as to what that means, what you can and can't eat, and what places they can take you out to so that you can enjoy yourself fully, without worrying about the Big Bad Gluten. (What can I say? I told you he was one of the good ones)

So wait.

Wait some more.

And don't stop waiting just because you're scared or impatient or find someone who has only 4 out of the 40 qualities you need in a person. It's OK to know what works for you and what doesn't. There is no settling. There is no need to. Just be patient and wait. The good ones are out there. They're just waiting, too. 

But if you do get exhausted from all of my suggested waiting, maybe pay a visit to Madame Carolyn. She seems to know her stuff.


Related Posts

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He sounds awesome! I'm so happy for you and your deserve awesomeness :)

Unknown said...

He sounds awesome! I'm so happy for you and your deserve awesomeness :)

Chantelle Says said...

Thank you, Jess! :) I am very happy!

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

It makes my day that you're so happy right now! I look forward to additional updates along the way. :)

Chantelle Says said...

Awe, thank you! I'll keep you posted, brother. :)

Zen Mistress said...

When life hands you lemons, say "Fuck the lemons!" and bail. :-D