Friday, July 15, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: If I

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

If I

If I could find the words to help you ease your loss,
I’d whisper to the blowing winds the gentlest of thoughts.

If I could take your sorrow and make it fade away,
I’d send it off on sea bound ships to lessen its great weight.

If I could change the past I’d find the perfect clock,
To take you back through time and space with every tick and tock.

If I could make a blanket to warm your weary heart,
I’d fill it full of love and light to soothe you in the dark.

If I could build a light to lead you through this pain,
I’d set it on the wings of doves and let them guide your way.

If I could summon angels to rest your teary eyes,
I’d show you that your little ones are playing in God’s skies.



No comments: