Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Mantra: What Is, What Was, and What Shall Be

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: I have the ability to change things for the better
Society6
Dusan449
As I sit here trying to write this my fingers stumble over the keys. My head races with questions. My heart aches.

I am upset.

As a youngster, I didn't care much for history. I care a great deal now. I want to know know KNOW everything. I want to understand: How we got here, to this place. What we've done differently. What we're repeating. What we could've would've should've done and what we still should be doing, but aren't.

I need to know.

Every night, when The Fiance and I take the boys for a walk, we put on a new podcast. An informative, Teach Me About Something New lesson in life based on facts, data, and research.

I've learned a great deal. For example:

How the Native Americans play a role in the game of Football. How a man who once hunted them came to regret his actions and decided to Americanize them instead to help save them from people like him.

How one vote from a grand jury on a small matter could have changed what we now know to be the electoral college.

How we possess the technology to literally obliterate major crime situations - everything from drug cartels to robberies to child abductions - yet aren't able to use it because of citizen outcry and the fear of being spied on.

How savage our history is in general because we learn best from our mistakes. How we tend to make a lot of mistakes before we begin paying attention.

I've said this a lot and I'll continue saying it because of the truth it bares: Life as we know it is only life as we know it. 

There is so much more to everything.

There is so much more to learn.



No comments: