Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wedding World

Apologies on the lack of a Monday post, y'all. We're nearing closer and closer to the wedding, so wedding + holiday season = a real need for that clone request I mentioned a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, I figured I'd give you guys a little wedding update since that is the world I live in right now: Wedding World. It's an expensive, busy, yet awesome and beautiful place.

As mentioned prior, The Fiance and I are awkward in front of the camera, so we've been working with our amazing photographer, Monique Hessler, to become, well, less awkward. She works magic, you guys. Magic!

All joking aside, she is a wonderful person and an absolutely awesome photographer. She's kind, funny, and always open to my (many) ideas. She's just as excited about our wedding as we are, which in turn makes me even more exited. Her photography skills are off the charts. I mean seriously, I can't find words right now to explain. She is phenomenal! And did I mention how kind she is? I love her, I really do.

Here are some of our beautiful (and silly...you'll see) pictures from our engagement photos with Monique.





Samson: My mom's getting married!
Rocco: I eats the cake!





See what I mean by silly? But c'mon. If there's a red phone booth and the biggest Superman fan in the world in the same place, you should take advantage of it.



You're probably wondering, "Is that a wedding dress she's wearing in some of those pictures?" Why yes, yes it is. It's a long story, friends. A long, hilarious, dumb story.

Finding The Dress has proven to be much more of a challenge than I had anticipated all those months ago. If you'll recall, something absolutely, positively not white was my priority. If I'm being honest here, I was looking for black.

Like this.
The Vault
Or this.
Ruffled Blog

Or hey, this.
Zuhair Murad
In the real world (aka not Pinterest and with a budget, and hey, maybe I'd like to try it on first and see how it fits) things like this weren't possible.

So you know what happened? I found a white-as-snow wedding dress. Obviously, I had to request some customization. Which basically means it's going to be a surprise for everyone, including myself, as to what it will end up looking like. Not even kidding a little bit. I know the lace embroidery is ivory, but I have no clue what the slip color underneath really looks like in the color I ordered, nor do I know if some of the other ideas I had are going to pan out. Exciiiiiiiting!

Wish me (and my dress) luck.

Back to the planning!

No comments: