Friday, December 16, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: Before and After

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

Written a decade apart.


Before 

I love you more than the sun loves to rise,
And I love you more than the birds love to fly,
I love you more than the stars love the sky, 
- I cannot live without you in my life.

I love you more than anyone else,
I love you more than love itself,
I love you more than the moon loves the night,
- I cannot face the day that you die.

I love you more than I've words to speak,
I love you more than I love anything,
I love you more than my poor heart can handle,
- What will I do without my dear Gramma?


After

I've loved you in every tear that has fallen,
I've loved you in every memory come calling,
My love doesn't sway on the darkest of nights,
- I'm learning to live without you in my life.

I've loved you with every whisper of "Why?"
And I've loved you with every repeated "Goodbye."
I've loved you with every day that has passed,
 - My heart went with you the day that you left.

I've loved you with each and every breath,
I've loved you in ways words will never express,
I've loved you - I'll  love you - unending, I swear,
- I will never stop missing you, wishing you here.


Happy Birthday, Gramma. I love you always.



No comments: