Friday, March 30, 2018

The Reflection of Shadows: I Know

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6
I Know

In my dreams I see a field
Of a land that's far away,
In a country I have been to,
In a place I long to stay,
Where my daydreams often wander,
Making my pulse race and rise,
Everyday I'm closer, closer
To the soil I desire.

In my heart I feel a sorrow
That I've buried deep below,
For the past that I have chosen
And the seeds that I have sown.
In my prayers I ask for answers-
What to do next, where to go,
How to break free from the prison
Where I've locked away my soul.

In my mind I know my purpose,
Though my logic makes me question
Such a reason for my being,
Why I feel I need permission.
Though this passion burns inside me,
Thoughts of leaping leave me waiting,
Every moment spent in wondering
Is a moment I am wasting.


No comments: