Monday, May 28, 2018

Monday Mantra: Pfft

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug - Mary Chapin Carpenter


When I'm having a rough day at work, or in general, I like to tell myself life-affirming things. Little pick-me-ups and reminders so I don't punch anyone in the face and end up in jail. For instance:

When it's been a week from hell and everything you did was wrong:

 - "At least I can put 'flosses like a boss' on my resume."

When you've had to recreate the same PowerPoint deck 473 times because 20 different people have to weigh in and not a single one of them can make up their minds:

 - "I live in a state rampant with tiny scorpion demons. If I can handle that, I can handle anything!"

When you're stuck on a conference call during your lunch break with someone who continually interrupts you:

 - "Tacos never act this way. Tacos listen."

When your East coast business partner schedules a call that starts at 5am your time:

 - "Yawn-talking is a marketable skill, right?" *immediately edits LinkedIn profile*

In case you, too, find yourself needing a time out to avoid potential future incarceration, please feel free to edit the above options as needed to suit your particular situation.

Have a great week, friends!


No comments: