Monday, May 21, 2018

Littering in Space and Other Musings

Society6Yael's Colors

Guys, I'm having one of those weeks (decades, possibly) where my brain just cannot. So I'm going to do some rambling and you can take it or leave it. *insert creepy 70's wink*

The Things We Do

Elon Musk launched a car into space recently. I'm sure you heard about it. Pretty jaw dropping, right? That was my first thought. My second thought was, "I wonder if aliens (assuming they exist and spy on us regularly) think we're a bunch of jerks for shooting a car into space for absolutely no reason other than that it could be done."

My last thought was this: "Did we just litter in outer space?" Those aliens would really think we're assholes then. I'm told things eventually disintegrate out there, so I feel better about it now. But still. Maybe we should shoot up something the aliens would really enjoy (and be able to share) like ice cream.

Just a thought.


Astral Projection

*Spoiler Alert for Magicians fans*

The hubs and I were watching an episode of Magicians where Penny had died, sort of, but not really because he had astral projected himself during the moment his physical body died. I started thinking about all the things we don't know about death and the after life. About all the various beliefs and ideas that we have yet to prove.

I came up with this very random thought: what if when we die our spirits/souls astral project into a new body in some other dimension? We might retain, to a certain degree, muscle memory (so to speak). This is why when we meet someone brand new we feel like we've known them forever because maybe, just maybe, we did know them at some point prior. Maybe this is why child geniuses are geniuses. They've remembered a past life where they excelled at something, where they mastered something.

I'm still cool with the whole heaven and hell gig, but I like to think about other possibilities every now and then. Ultimately, I believe there must be infinite possibilities we've yet to discover.


This Is Us

I'm a late comer to This Is Us but I am fully addicted now that I've discovered it. There are numerous things to love about the show, but my favorite is the way they portray marriage. There's such an endearing committed quality they loop through every storyline. Personally, I feel like it's hard to come by that in TV these days. There always has to be drama and scandals and chaos. I like how this show makes everything about the family, about the experiences, about honesty, and, primarily, about quality over crazy.

Jack's commitment to his family is beautiful. In one episode, where he's purchasing a car and telling the car dealer all about why that car is going to be important to his family, he reminded me of my husband. My husband is a husband. He's Jack in a lot of ways. He's involved in our life. He cares. He is loving and committed and dedicated to us in every way possible.

I have no point I'm trying to make here, I'm just bragging. What we have together is unlike anything I've ever experienced or thought I'd ever find and I feel infinitely blessed.

OK, enough mushy stuff. Sorry guys.


Bayou with Love

Nikki Reed is my spirit animal...er...person, you guys. I LOVE her. Not long ago she opened a company called Bayou with Love and they just started making the coolest recycled jewelry using gold that was being thrown out (gold being thrown out, can you believe that?!) in old computers. In partnership with Dell, they're addressing an issue and opportunity others have overlooked. You can read all about the awesomeness here and you can find all the cool things they've just rolled out here.


No comments: