Monday, January 2, 2012

A Resolution Revelation

Photo Credit: www.cyberfeeder.com
I was Googling the definition of "resolution" when I came upon this:

Resolution is the image created as a result of the number of pixels or dots used.

It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it was perfect in it's own way.

I've never been a New Year's Day resolution-making kind of a girl. I tried, twice, and gave up by the end of the same day that I made each one.

I never saw the point.

Just because the calendar flips over a day, and suddenly it's a new year, I see no purpose in going crazy and drastically changing my life. What I do see is a lot of perfectly sane people going insane just at the thought of what they're going to resolve to do or not to do. I see people worry over another year that has passed them by, a year where they didn't accomplish that which they intended to.

Instead, I suggest a change in our thought process.

To achieve the perfect photo resolution you need the right amount of pixels and dots. Too much and it will overpower your image. Too little and it will be blurry. This is true with your resolutions as well. Too  much stress over achieving your goal and you'll burn out. Too little and you'll never see the clear path to what you want.

Instead of taking one day to make a plan that will last you a year, slow it down. Take a breath. Take it one step at a time.

Every day is a new day that you haven't yet experienced. Every single day, minute, second - that you, and I, and everyone else lives in - is a brand new undiscovered day, minute, and second.

Live like that. Live for that. Just live.

I know people that make daily resolutions. They find them more manageable. They are often simple things that, in the long run, lead to more complex situations being worked out, just by taking it one day at a time. How nice it is, at the end of the day, to say you accomplished exactly what you set out for. And if you didn't, no worries. You have another 24 hours coming up to try again.

If having to come up with something daily is too much to have to even consider, how about weekly then? A weekly plan. And if it doesn't go exactly as you had hoped, adjust it. Make it fit for you.

Give it time to grow into that which you want it to be.

Give yourself time to grow with it.

I believe in you. Believe in yourself. It will happen.


Related Posts
All You Need to Know is This
Advice from the Dalai Lama
Silence
I Believe in You

No comments: