Sunday, April 29, 2012

Monday Mantra: Paradise Within

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: "The paradise you seek is within" - Unknown

Moorea, French Polynesia
At this very moment I am in a place that is as close to heaven as you can possibly get. At this very moment I am in a place most people would call paradise. At this very moment I am on the amazing and beautiful island of Moorea.

I've slept, sunned myself, and seen some amazing things. 

While I would love to tell you all about it right this second, typing this on my cell phone is a tad difficult. Therefore, I will keep this short and sweet today. 

Regardless of the fact that it's gorgeous here, I've honestly had one of the best times of my life by simply being with myself and letting the peacefulness of having nothing to do sink in. 

What I want you to take away from this week's mantra is this: No matter where you are, paradise lives within you already. It is the place of calm, of quiet, of stillness. It is the place where nothing can reach you, where no one can find you, where you - and only you - are in complete control of your bliss. 

It is reachable. It is real. It exists. 
Wherever you are - the office, home, your in-laws - you can find your inner paradise.

Go somewhere alone (even if the only alone place you can find is your closet) have a seat, and close your eyes. Breathe. Imagine the warmth of sunbeams on your body, of light all around you, of a soft breeze gently brushing past you. Focus on this and, as you do, place this image in your mind to come back to at any time you desire. This place that you've created will always be there for you because it already is. You just have to acknowledge it. 

Seek the paradise inside yourself.

Where do you go to get away from it all?

Related Post

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: