Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Mantra: Never Give Up


mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Never give up


For my three day weekend, I decided I would do something super duper fun, just like everyone else was. No fancy BBQ's for me or relaxing by the pool that I don't actually own. No, no. I decided I would redecorate my house. Maybe, kind of, with a lot of redecorating. I had this really great plan that included help from my mom and started really early on Saturday morning, leaving me plenty of time to still do all the other things I wanted to do that night.

Mmm hmm. Great plan of mine.

Maybe you've already caught on to where I'm going with this, but my plan totally and completely failed and I was up until 11pm, covered in green paint, finishing everything up and missing out on all the other fun plans I had for that day. I was silently cursing myself, my house, and my decision to do a semi-major renovation on a three day weekend. I had wanted to quit every minute that ran me later and later into the night and past my original cut off time, but I didn't. Some part of me, deep down, knew the payoff would be greater than the irritation I was facing. And it was. 

Everything is. 

When I woke up the next day and saw my beautiful house, all fresh and complete, I knew I had made the right decision. But it was only then that I truly felt it, truly knew.

I have friends and family going through things right now that are rough at the present time. Some of the things are big, some are small. Some of my friends thought they were in the clear and then wham! - something changed and they're having to deal with it again. 

My painting story is lame and pales in comparison, but it's reminded me of this: Don't give up, my friends. Don't ever give up. 

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe you need a flashlight right now, but eventually you won't. Eventually everything will be so bright and wonderful that you'll be your own light. You'll shine from the inside out. 

I believe in you. Don't you dare ever, ever give up. You have it in you to find the light. 

Related Post

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: