Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 0

Day 0.

The day before everything and anything begins.

The day that marks the last day of the old and preparation time for the new.


Last week I told you I was going to start the Whole 30 Program. Tomorrow that begins. Today I prepare.

The program is fairly clear-cut and easy: Eat nothing outside of Paleo foods - nothing - and do that for 30 days straight. Paleo foods are basically: meat/fish/poultry, veggies, fruit, healthy fats and oils (think avocados and olive oil), and seeds/nuts. As I said last week, no Paleo-ifying anything is allowed. This challenge is completely free, but they also offer a support system, for lack of a better term, so I chose to sign up for the Whole 30 Daily email to see what it was all about. Every day (even on Day 0 and Day 31) you get a supportive email with helpful tips and tricks. It provides guides to print off, success stories, and all kinds of awesome tidbits. I've enjoyed Day 0 thus far, particularly this line:

At any point, if you begin to doubt your ability to make these changes in your own life, we want you to remember one very important thing: You've already begun.

You've already begun. I love that.

I've been thinking of this whole concept of changing your life. Not just in changing the way you eat, but in changing anything that you want- your health, your finances, your job, your outlook and your perspective. The beautiful thing about all of those is that everything can be changed. Everything. Some of it may be more challenging than others, but all of it can be done.

Tonight I was over thinking something (as I often do) and I reminded myself that, while the world may be spinning out of control, right now, right this very second, I have complete and total control over one thing: myself. That's all any of us needs to remember. You start there and move forward. One day at a time.

Today is Day 0. The first day of the rest of your life. Or at least the next 30. For those of you taking the challenge with me, you can do it.

You've already begun.

Anyone facing any challenges or concerns? To my very cool and supportive Uncle: No shakes, sir, but you can have all the steak you want!


Related Post
Monday Mantra: Challenge Accepted

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: