Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Mantra: Let Us Not Forget


mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: I am thankful for all things that make me connect with others

Not having had cable for several years now, and also not being one to read newspapers or online news articles, I've been left me out of the loop on many things. For 90% of the news, I'm glad. I don't need to know about it all. In fact, not knowing a lot of it has made my life fuller and happier, worry free in some ways.

But every once in a while a news story hits and it gets me. The Amanda Berry rescue, along with those other three poor girls. The tornadoes in Oklahoma. The story of Zach Sobiech and his short but amazing life. These stories, while sad and awe-inspiring, make me feel more human. More connected. And the reason is because they all have a human element to them. Someone rescued someone else. Someone inspired someone. Someone did good for others. These are the stories I want to hear. These are the stories that connect us.

Situations like these always tend to bring people together in a bigger way because of the sheer impact - whether good or bad - to remind us that we are all fragile, all human, all in need of one another. While I believe it is wonderful that we all rise up together for these larger events, I also believe that it's important to connect over the little things, the little miracles and the little joys as well.

On this memorial day let us recognize all who have served our great country and protected our great freedoms. Let us remember them today and always. Let us remember that, while they are strong and courageous, they are also just human and they need our support. Now. Always.

Let us be there for everyone who has triumphed and sacrificed and let us not forget.


To the great men and women, those with us and those that have passed, THANK YOU.

Facebook
Twitter


Related Post
To Every Soldier Out There

No comments: