Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Mantra: Beginnings

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: I have the strength to start again


With every story there are three key parts: The establishment and introduction of the beginning, the rising action of the middle, and the resolution of the end. Some people like the action, the drama, the middle of the story where everything rises up and where momentum kicks in. Some people like the end, the peace of closure and finality. I like the beginning. I revel in the new adventure, the unknown, the hope and unspoken promise of what's to come.

These same parts apply to life, in a variety of ways. We're born, we live, we die and in between all of those years we live so much life that each year, each day, each moment is it's own new story. It's own beginning, middle, and end.

I look back at my life and realize how truly powerful these chapters of my life are. What I thought I knew when I was 19 is merely a whisper of knowledge now. I'm certain, when I'm 40, I will feel the same about when I was 30. Every new age is a new beginning and every piece of information I gather, store, and hold in my brain is another piece of the foundation of my knowledge that will continue to grow, expand, and shift as I have more experiences in life.

But what's more comforting, more calming is knowing that at the end of each chapter in my life, however I might define those chapters by time, I have a chance for a new beginning. I have an unlimited opportunity to experience my favorite part of my story. At any moment, when I feel that I've reached a closing point on something in my life, I can rest easy knowing a beginning is right around the corner and that if I don't like the new story I'm writing for myself, I can end it and start all over. I can have as many beginnings as I want.

No matter what type of person you are or what part of the story you love, you have an unlimited amount of chances to re-create your life, your story. Remember this when you feel stuck in the moment you're in or when you're at a certain place in your life that you may not necessarily enjoy.

You own your story. You can shape it to be the best reflection of what you want in your life.

No comments: