Friday, December 5, 2014

The Reflection of Shadows: Sinful Wishes

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
I love this life I've been given, but every so often I get a little ticked off. I get tired of importance being placed on the wrong things. I become irritated when we try and measure people's feelings when, instead, we should be trying to understand them. I find myself churning a little fire of anger inside myself when we tell everyone they must be identical, they must be the same, they must not differ in any way.

Seeds of Good and Evil - Society 6

Sinful Wishes

Holidays are long forgotten,
Empty Christmas cards left wanting,
Tip toeing around religions,
Careful not to have opinions.
Goals and numbers only matter,
Art is simply paint that’s splattered,
Words no longer hold a meaning,
Nothing changes but the seasons.

Children no longer believing,
Kept away from their daydreaming,
Glance away from strangers passing,
Scared of questions worth the asking.
No one smiles, lack of reason.
Happiness is found of treason.
The greatest thinkers being silenced,
Their voices masked by shrieks of violence.

Deeds forgiven to the shameless
And those who shall remain here nameless.

No comments: