Friday, May 22, 2015

The Reflection of Shadows: Take Me By The Hand, We'll Walk

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Lead the Way
Society6

Take Me By The Hand, We'll Walk...

Take me by the hand, we’ll walk
Down the tattered path of love,
Lead me into darkened woods,
Teach we with your sweet, sweet words,
Tell me all is right and true,
Never doubt my love for you.
Lie and tell me I’m okay,
Tell me what you’d never say.
I cant’ be the one you want-
I am real and you are not.
Leave me in this state of mind
Where I’ll convince myself I’m fine.
Lead me on and cast me off,
Leave me on this tattered path.
I will stand here all alone,
Glued to every stick and stone,
Admitting now in such a game
I want a man that has no name.
Gentle hands with loving touch,
Words that shatter every crutch,
A romance filled with zest and spice
To free me from this hollow life.


No comments: