Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Mantra: Not Today

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Not today
Society6
There are times in life when the sweetest words you can ever say are very simply, "Not today."

Let's practice.

 - Should I go to the gym? Not today.
 - Should I get groceries? Not today.
 - Should I clean the house, do the laundry, put on pants? Not today, not today, not today mother effer. NOT TODAY.

That felt good, didn't it? I know. I know it did.

I thought this was going to be my answer for whether or not I was getting this post done, but hey- look at me, getting all creative with my current life motto! *high fives self*

There is one - and only one - time in life when this doesn't apply. When you absolutely, positively have to say yes.

Ready?

 - Do I have time to watch the season premier of The Walking Dead?

The answer is always yes, you hear me? Alllllllways yes. 


No comments: