Friday, October 14, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: It's a Beautiful Day

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

It's a Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day, but I can't see it-
Eyes shut tight
That keep in secrets.
I see no colors,
See no sights-
All I sense is shifting light.

It's a beautiful song, but I can't hear it-
Mouths move silent
Though I'm near them.
Hear no laughter,
Hear no songs,
This silence, I hear all alone.

It's a beautiful day, but I can't praise it-
Sunlight streaming,
I can't explain it.
Can't rejoice,
I can't jump in,
My words are caught and stuck within.

It's a beautiful day, I can't enjoy it-
Frozen limbs
No longer function.
I can't run circles,
Can't jump high,
I sit and watch the world pass by.

It's a beautiful life, I know, I feel it-
Deep inside
I sense its stillness.
Sense the laughter,
Sense the light,
I sense the things you shut out tight.

This beautiful life, get up and live it-
Sacred moments.
Precious seconds.
Don't sit idly,
The time is here,
Don't let these chances disappear.


No comments: