Monday, October 10, 2016

Monday Mantra: Disclaimer of Sorts

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Easy to find what's wrong, harder to find what's right - Breaking Benjamin
Society6  - WORDS BRAND
*Applies to pretty much everything. While supplies last (like, forever). No limit per person. May be combined with "dude" or "man" to indicate complete apathy. Subject to use when I'm wrong without actually admitting it. Or, as a passive-aggressive alternative to "Ef You." Whatever. Provided "as is" and "as if" so, uh, take it or leave it. Results may vary (but I really don't care). Terms and conditions may apply.

Confession: I have been very, very, very cranky lately. I'd like to blame the never ending summer heat, but I can't because I'm a grown up and I need to be responsible and whatever. I'm trying my damnedest to manage it (which spurred the post last week), but there are days when I am just one tiny step away from ending up on the nightly news.

First of all, I have way too much on my plate. I need at least two personal assistants and several clones if I'm going to make it through the holidays. While some of the stress is out of my hands, I admit some is also self inflicted. The Fiance calls me The Machine. He said he's never seen anyone who can get as much done as I can in any given amount of time. This is a blessing and a curse, though. Sometimes, after days of Getting It Done, all I can do is succumb to the silent yet sweet whispers of my sofa, beckoning me to sit for a while and Netflix myself to near death. 

There's this whole getting married business, too. Wedding planning is going great, but The Fiance is seriously asking for a good punch in the face right now. I mean, I love him, but I am not opposed to a brawl. Every time someone asks him how the wedding plans are going he either acts like he has no idea what's going on (he does) or like it's a lot of work for him (IT IS NOT! I am doing everything!). He's so funny. HAHAHAHA. (Does he want to live to see the wedding? I think not.)

So, that's it, guys. Just a whole lot of venting and stupidity on my end.

And this- my disclaimer.

As you already know, I'm not perfect. I hope I never appear that way on here because it would be a gigantic lie. I'm a continuous work in progress. I am human, I will fail, I have failed. I will continue to fail. I will make mistakes. I will write about trying to manage anger one week and then admit the next that I'm this close to losing my damn mind. I will never be perfect, but I will always be honest.

Also, this blog is a continuous work in progress, as well. Sometimes, I'll have this "great" idea that I'll put all this time and energy into, and then I'll completely abandon it because I got bored/it was lame/whatever. Example: The Book of Secrets...still mostly a secret. I've given up, y'all. There are so many secrets and it takes too much time. You'll probably get more out of it if you read it yourself (assuming you even know/remember what I'm talking about).

What I said/did/wrote about five years ago will and has changed, because I have changed. I will continue to change. I will learn new things and new ways and continue opening my mind to anything and everything possible in this world. What I said once upon a time, well, I might feel a little differently about now. But that's growth. That's evolution of one's self.

That's my disclaimer; that who I am today might change a little bit tomorrow, but hopefully always for the better. And in those moments when I'm failing to be my best self, well, tomorrow is another day.

Here's also hoping that I won't end up in jail because my crankiness overtook my sanity when someone at the grocery store pushed me too far. We shall see.

Have a nice week! :)


No comments: