Monday, October 30, 2017

In The World of Wellness: What's in Your Head?

In the World of Wellness: Get to know yourself a little better
16Personalities

My friend recently pointed me in the direction of 16Personalities, a free online personality test that blends science with psychology to help you better understand who you are. The test is easy, fast, and highly informative, with loads of details about why you think the way you do.

Turns out, I'm the weirdo everyone suspected: An INFJ. If you're a weirdo person like me, you make up less than 1% of the population. While this sounds all awesome and fascinating, the reason I point that out is because, thanks to this test, it helped me understand why I struggle with, well, other people sometimes. Which is to say, it can be challenging conveying ideas and feelings since there are so few folks who think the way I do.

Another fun thing the site does is tell you who has a personality trait like yours. For instance, since I fall into the category of "The Advocate" the site shows me other famous advocates. My personality likens to MLK, Nelson Mandela, and Goethe. But also (here's where the nerd in me gets really excited) Jon Snow and my favorite character in my favorite movies: *trumpets blare and angels sing* Aragorn.

Not only is it great for getting to know who you are as a person, it's a great way to better understand your partner, your friends, and family members.

For more info, read their Our Theory section and then get to it!


No comments: