Monday, October 9, 2017

I'm With You. I'm Here.

Society6
Lofty Softy
With all of the things that have happened this year, that keep on happening, I feel like I'm running out of words. There are only so many ways you can say, "I'm sorry. This is terrible. We need to fix this. What will it take?"

We have earthquakes, fires, hurricanes, and volcanos, to name just a few things Mother Nature has been throwing at us. We have people with weapons they should never have had the opportunity to purchase. We have people in power doing nothing to stop stoppable things, making matters worse, wasting our time day in and day out on nonsense. We have people in charge of far too important things who value money over humanity far too much. We have fear and violence and issues popping up left and right that should have been put to bed decades ago.

There are no suitable excuses. There shouldn't be any excuses, period.

I was fed up a long time ago. I don't know what this feeling is called now; furious frustration with a mix of disbelief and sadness.

Last night I lay in bed thinking, thinking, thinking. When a mad man goes on a killing rampage it makes you wonder about all kinds of things, like where next where next where next? That was just one thought that kept running on repeat.

Whoever you are, wherever you are reading this:

I'm with you.

I see you.

I hear you.

I'm here.

We can do better than this. We should expect better than this. We need to fight for better than this.

No comments: