Friday, February 9, 2018

The Reflection of Shadows: Once Again, Again Once More

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

Once Again, Again Once More

Once again, again once more,
Memories of you wash ashore,
Memories of you flood my dreams,
Dark and light and mixed with steam.

So real, so fake, so strange and odd-
It's like you're here and then you're not.
You morph, you shift, you change in shape,
My heart - it stops, it hurts, it breaks.

Each dream is like a sharpened knife-
It cuts me open, side to side,
Confronting what I've known so long:
For you, I'd hurt the ones I love.

I've tried to find my happy ending,
Tried to fill the vast and empty
Gaps and holes and spaces in me
With these broken, shattered memories.

Then you come, in dreams so rare-
It's like a trap, a trick, a snare,
A flame within my heart ignites-
I can't forget your love, your life.

I've tried to break, to tear, to undo
All the love I've kept here for you,
Though the torment held me down,
My heart refused to let you out.

I begged, I pleaded, on bent knees,
I couldn't tear your love from me.
I tried to find my heart a cure,
But never, never, nevermore.


No comments: