Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday Mantra: Loud and Clear

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Hold yourself accountable
Society6
CreativeAngel

I have this theory...

When I say something out loud in regard to a goal or dream I want to achieve, I feel like I'm making a promise. I feel like I've committed my thought to the air and now have to follow through with whatever it is that I said I was going to do. I imagine my words being captured by the wind and whisked off to to some higher power that holds me accountable to what I've promised.

It's a crazy concept, but it works for me.

When it's in my head, it's not real. It hasn't become solid, tangible, accessible. There is no plan and I don't have to take action. But when I say it out loud, I'm making it known that I will do this thing, whatever this thing is, and I will give it my all.

This concept of speaking my ideas out loud keeps me in check. I feel an instant accountability to give it my best. I've chatted with friends about this and they too feel there's something about getting the idea/goal/dream out of your head and spoken out loud that activates a switch inside of you. A switch that your hand may have previously been hovering over, scared to flip from OFF to ON.

Flip the switch, my friends. Now is the time. Use your voice and speak your dreams and make it happen. Make a commitment to yourself that you will try, try, try whatever it is you need to try, try, try. Give your words to the wind and give your idea/goal/dream everything you've got.

You can do it. You can and you will.

_

This will be my last post for a little bit, folks. Taking some time to get things done and enjoy the nice weather before it turns into a lava pit here in AZ.

No comments: