I thought I would get a head start on the recipes so here is one more very delicious one for you, taken from my teachers book. To die for delicious, I'm serious. Gluten free as well!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
Taken from The Ice Dream Cookbook by Rachel Albert-Matesz
Hands-On: 30 mins Cooking: 25-30 mins Yield: 16 Brownies
1/2 cup packed soft, pitted dates
1/3 cup virgin-pressed coconut oil or palm shortening, at room temperature
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
2 medium to large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or alcohol free vanilla flavoring
1/3 sweet brown rice flour, millet flours, or sorghum flour (lightly spoon into measuring cup and level)
2 tablespoons unmodified potato starch (spoon into measuring cup and level)
1/3 cup almond, walnut, pecan or pumpkinseed meal (from toasted, pulverized nuts or seeds)
1/2 teaspoon gluten free, non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
1/4 teaspoon finely ground unrefined sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder or 1/2 teaspoon clear stevia extract liquid added with the wet ingredients
1/2 cup bitter sweet chocolate chips or coarsely chopped bittersweet dark chocolate (70-73% cocoa content)
- Place the dates into a bowl. Add water to cover by 1 inch. Let soak for 1 to 2 hours, then drain and place dates aside.
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease an 8-inch square baking pan or a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Combine wet ingredients in a blender, Vita Mix, or a food processor. Blend until smooth. If using a blender of Vita Mix, scrape puree into a medium bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients and blend. Fold in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Smooth top with a damp spatula.
- Bake until edges begin to pull away from sides and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20-30 minutes. The center will firm as it cools.
- Cut into 16 squares. Allow to cool, then store in covered container at room temp for up to 1 week or refrigerate for longer storage.