Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monsanto: News You Need to Know About

Monsanto is back at it again. Technically they never stopped being ruthless and horrible, but there's been a ton of media around them lately because apparently it's gotten worse.

Which is, of course, why I'm informing all of you.

Let's start with this picture. I don't know how current or not it is, but I do know that this is exactly what they do all the time to pass their horrible and unsafe food practices. One person works at Monsanto and initiates a new product or proposal. Then they go work for the government in a role where they can approve their own proposal! That right there, ladies and gentleman, is what we call someone being The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. It's completely unfair and, might I add, morally and ethically wrong. Clearly they don't have morals or ethics. Anyway, they do this often and sometimes the other way around, but regardless, they do it because it gets the job done. For them. How awful is that?

Now get this...The USDA (which is supposed to protect us from bad food) has forced Whole Foods, one of the super healthy grocery chains, to accept Monsanto's practices. This is not good news. Read the whole thing here.

And one of my friends posted this link on Facebook, so you might as well check it out because honestly, I wouldn't put it past them. It sounds a little crazy, but let's think about it for a second. They currently could care less about giving us contaminated un-real food. They've already messed with Mother Nature, so why not ruins the bees, which we need in order to pollinate our food, so that they then control everything? I feel like this is a real life Umbrella Corporation kind of situation. I just hope we get an Alice out of it, now rather than later.



What can you do? Go HERE. This link takes you to a site where you can tell President Obama to cease ties with Monsanto.  Also, buy organic foods as much as you possibly can. I know they're expensive, but they're real. And it seems like the only way to get through Monsanto is to hit them where it counts; their pocket books. The less money we give them, the better.

Also, like I said before, if you never hear from me again it's because they killed me or silenced me or something horrible and terrible. If there is no Monday Mantra next Monday, please file a missing person report. I'm just saying...


What do you think about all of this?
Twitter

Related Posts
The Kindness Chronicles: The Truth that LIES Before Your Eyes - Monsanto and the FDA
The Kindness Chronicles: Well, What do I Eat Now?

No comments: