Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Mantra: Watch Your Words

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Watch what you say, how you say it, and who you say it to

It seems to me that people are always pointing out the flaws in life, in other people, in society. "Flaws" I hadn't noticed before. They don't realize that sometimes it's better not to see them. That not knowing is peaceful. Because when I don't see them, I don't care, I don't judge, I don't compare. I don't know I'm supposed to.

I think of a younger me. A young girl who didn't understand what cellulite or stretch marks were, what wrinkles meant to youth, or how the weight of someones body could determine if they were either beautiful or ugly. A young girl who was better off not being aware of these so called flaws and the labels of good/bad/ugly that have been attached to them.

I talked about this last week, with #14- Reshape the Future - but it's so important that I wanted to go over it one more time. 

People are impressionable, regardless of their age. What you say to someone will stick with them longer and cut them deeper than you could ever possibly imagine. Wars are fought over words, are they not? That's how powerful they are.

With awareness, compassion, and a new way of thinking, we truly can reshape the future. We can stop finding the "flaws" and start finding the beauty. We can teach the next generation of children that they are good enough. We still need to teach ourselves that, in the process. 

Let's change the world, my friends, one kind word at a time. Who's with me?

Image via Pinterest

No comments: