Monday, June 18, 2018

Janice's Simple and So Delicious Salad

This recipe is brought to you by my wonderful friend, Janice. Her super easy take on making a healthy and delicious salad will change your life; this I guarantee.

With three primary ingredients to the salad, plus a dash of salt and pepper and a little dressing, this salad is beyond speedy. Plus, the options are wide-open based on your likes and dislikes. For instance, if you don't like bell peppers, swap them out for some other crunchy element, like cucumbers. Or if you can't decide between the two because you love them both equally, add both!

I typically make a big bowl of this so it lasts me a few days. Therefore, this recipe is technically for one person spread out over the week. However, it can feed a few folks at one sitting, should that suit you better.

It's simple, friends: Make more, make less, make what you want. This is a salad you create as you go. Measuring every little thing gets old, right friends? Right.

Janice's Simple and So Delicious (GF) Salad

 - 3 bell peppers
 - 1 large container/bunch of cherry or grape tomatoes. You can also dice up heirloom tomatoes or other varieties per your personal preference
 - 1/2 avocado per serving when ready to eat
 - Salt and pepper; enough to season the whole salad to your liking (I use roughly 1/2 TSP of each)
 - Some olive oil and balsamic splashes (I use roughly 1- 2 TBSP of each)

1. Dice up the bell peppers. Halve the grape or cherry tomatoes (or dice the heirloom tomatoes).

2. Add bell peppers and tomatoes to a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and balsamic. Mix evenly. Cover and let sit until ready to eat.

3. When ready to chow down, grab an avocado and cut it in half. Dice it up and add it to your serving of salad. Mmm...yum.

P.S. If you haven't see these covers for bowls, please allow me to introduce you to their life changing ways. Not only are they fun, but they work incredibly well. I plop my pumpkin lid on my salad bowl, put it in the fridge, and I'm good to go until I'm ready to eat.


No comments: