This is a dinner favorite at our house and one that I consider quite the victory since it passed The Boyfriend Gluten Free Flavor Test. I'm a big fan of quinoa in general, but I particularly like this version because it's also corn free and it cooks wonderfully. Those of you who've made other gluten free pastas will know what I mean when I say that some of them come out sticky after you've boiled them. This beauty doesn't have that problem. It cooks clean, comes out smooth, and has a lightness to it that I adore. The sauce is killer good and ties the whole thing together nicely. The best part? This takes hardly any time to make. A quick, healthy dinner? Perfecto!
- 1 box Andean Dream Quinoa Pasta - Fusilli
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1 jar Cucina Antica Marinara Sauce - Garlic
- 1/4 White onion diced
- 1 package of Aidells Sweet Basil & Roasted Garlic sausage
- Seasonings for sprinkling: sea salt, pepper, basil, oregano, thyme
- Olive oil for cooking veggies and sausage
1. Dice up onion, slice up zucchini, and cut up sausage while bringing a large pot of water to boil (add a little sea salt to the water).
2. While water is still preparing, put diced onions in pan with some olive oil set on medium heat to get them started.
3. Once water is boiling, add package of pasta and cook for roughly 10 mins until pasta is easy (but not too easy!) to break in half. You want a soft but still solid texture.
4. Once the pasta is in the pot, add zucchini and sausage to pan with the onions. Sprinkle on (to your liking) the seasonings: sea salt, pepper, basil, oregano, thyme. Start with a little of each, taste, and add more as needed for your preference.
5. Take marinara sauce and heat in a smaller pot on medium heat.
6. After 10 mins or so, take pasta pot and drain. Make sure you get all the water out. Add the pasta to a large serving bowl. Then, add in the veggies and sausage. Finally, pour the marinara sauce on top. Mix everything together and serve!